Shipping products in in a small 5x5x5 box, whats the best shipping options out there?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 0 5
I have a UPS, FEDex, account but thinking about going USPS?
Good design is always good business.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 4
I have a small box - 10x6x2. I priced all the options and USPS was the best for me. My box even only weighs 1.6 pounds packaged up. Most of the time the priority and first class mail prices were very close if not the same
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 9
USPS will almost always be the cheaper route to go unless your package is extremely heavy or has products that USPS won't ship. First Class and Priority really are going to be your cheapest route!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 0 5
thanks... i went to the post office to day and did some pricing... is there a usps app for real time shipping cost?
Good design is always good business.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 7
Hi Tracey! We also use USPS for small boxes. Stamps.com has worked well for us. Cost is $15.99 per month, but they will send you a free scale (for up to 5 pounds) and you can keep customers in an address book and track Priority and Express shipments from your desktop. We use UPS for larger boxes. Good luck to you!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 5
USPS... HANDS DOWN!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 3
I think it also depends on weight, but most of the time USPS is the best deal.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 1

USPS usually has the lowest rates (unless you have heavy volume discounts from Fedex or UPS because you ship a whole lot) for that box size. I am assuming you don't have overnight or 2-day delivery needs and all that.

As a side note, we used to hear this question often from the Shopify merchants who use our Ordoro shipping app. Based on that, we recently launched a rate comparison feature that will let you lookup USPS, UPS and Fedex rates for a given package in real time, and let you pick the best method based on cost, speed etc.

http://apps.shopify.com/ordoro- Automated Dropshipping, Easy Shipping Labels (USPS, Fedex, UPS) and Powerful Inventory Management for Shopify stores
0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

Hi Tracy,

As Jason says above, "Hands down, USPS".  

And USPS becomes even more compelling if your packages weigh 13 ounces or less, as you can ship them via 'First Class with Delivery Confirmation', which will make it dirt cheap and obviate the need to compare prices.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @Riggs 

This depends on the weight and dimensions of the product, but most of the time USPS stands out among the rest. USPS will almost be the cheapest option unless your package is heavy or there are any special shipments that USPS can't ship. 

If you are having negotiated rates from FedEx or you want to ship heavier products, FedEx would be a good option. But, since Shopify doesn't directly handle Shopify FedEx shipping, you will have to use an app like FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app to handle FedEx shipping.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes