Shipping rate by a group of products

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I would like to know if there is an application that helps me organize my products by category (tag, collection, etc.) and put a shipping rate in each of the groups

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
328 20 49

Hi, @achilessiqueira

Thanks for reaching out about that. You can use Shipping Profiles to set rates for specific groups of products. At this time you do need to select those product by product when setting up a profile, as opposed to being able to select an entire collection at once, however we hope to see that added in the future. If you wanted to set that up without selecting the products individually, you can also use an app such as Shipping Rules to calculate rates based on product tags. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @achilessiqueira ,

We have two apps that can solve this for you, it just depends on how you want to charge for shipping and the complexity involved. 

Option 1 is Automate Shipping Profiles (ASP). You can create your shipping profiles in Shopify and then use ASP to automatically assign your products to their appropriate profile based on tag, collection, category, product etc. - however you need them sorted and assigned. This approach is ideal if you don't need any special blending rules (i.e. free shipping over $50) and simply want the shipping costs for each product category added together at checkout.

Option 2 is Intuitive Shipping. If Option 1 doesn't fit your needs, Intuitive Shipping absolutely will. We are the most robust shipping calculation app available for Shopify so you can charge however you want. 

I encourage you to book a call with our support lead, Paul. If you give an overview of how you want to charge for shipping, he'll recommend the right product for this. You can also do this via email to support@intuitiveshipping.com and our team will be happy to help.

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @Brie ,

Merchants can use Automate Shipping Profiles to automatically assign their products to the appropriate shipping profile, and we're free under 100 products. (tell your friends! lol, we feel Profiles is underutilized due to the significant time investment required currently). Oh, and Intuitive Shipping can be used to assign shipping based on customer tags (and over 40 other Conditions!). 

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi @achilessiqueira

ShipperHQ is a great way to customize your shipping by product. 

We’ve worked with thousands of merchants for 10+ years, so needless to say we’ve seen a lot of different strategies around rules and restrictions for certain items. A few examples we’ve seen include:

• Preventing hazardous items from shipping via Air
  • Offering 2-day delivery for perishable items
  • Adding a surcharge for products over x weight 

Really the skys the limit as far as what you want to set up. In ShipperHQ, this is handled by our Carrier Rules functionality, which you can read more about here. The nice thing about shipping rules is you can be as granular as you want, which means you have a major impact on how much you charge and the type of delivery options you provide. 

Get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further. Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for you.

1 Like