Shipping rate changed on it's own

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello there,
I'm offering printful products with free shipping on my store. So I set the shipping rates to 0 in my printful shipping profiles. In testmode it works fine and no shipping rates are shown or calculated.
But somehow the rate setting changes on it's own after a while. So that I have to set it back to 0 again. That happened two times already. A customer just paid for shipping even though I'm offering free shipping.
Did anyone else notice that problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1380 134 373

Hey there, @Kai_1 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

It sounds like the live rates from Printful have overridden your flat free shipping rate. I would recommend that you go to Settings > Shipping to check out your shipping profiles. On this page, you will see your  "App shipping profiles", from here click Show and then Manage Rates. You will then be able to update the rates being fed in by the app to allow for Free Shipping. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having the same issue - @Bo / I have updated my shipping rates to 0 in the Printful profile under shipping but every few days this gets overwritten automatically and I have to rewrite it. This causes issues as orders are placed and charged shipping which I have to refund (and possibly loosing orders/abandonned carts from customers who are promissed free shipping but do not receive it.

How can we make sure our setting of "free shipping" under the Printful profile doesn't get over written automatically?

Thank you

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, @Kai_1 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

It sounds like the live rates from Printful have overridden your flat free shipping rate. I would recommend that you go to Settings > Shipping to check out your shipping profiles. On this page, you will see your  "App shipping profiles", from here click Show and then Manage Rates. You will then be able to update the rates being fed in by the app to allow for Free Shipping. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Lanfranc ,
yeah I had the same frustrating issue.
To solve it, I made a new custom shipping profile (with the 0 rate) and then make sure that all of your free shipping products are included in that profile.
I didn't know about that last step so there were items assigned to the printful profiles, and every time printful and my store connected, the 0 rates were gone.
So check that there are no products in the printful shipping profiles and it should work.
Screenshot attached, language is german, but I hope it should be clear : )screenshot1.JPG

1 Like