Shipping rate prioritisation

Highlighted
2 0 1

I currently have two different products on my store that have different shipping rates applied and am having difficulty offering a single shipping option once they are both combined in the checkout. Currently no shipping options display and the purchase cannot be completed.

The rates are setup as below:

Product A
$0 - $39.99 = $20 shipping
$40+ = free shipping

Product B
$10 standard shipping
$15 express shipping

I would like the final shipping options to default to Product A when adding both Product A and Product B to the cart, however, I want Product B rates to remain unchanged when this is the only product showing in checkout.

Can this be achieved within the shipping rates section or is an add-on required?

0 Likes
Highlighted

This can be achieved using the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app if both of your products are in a single profile.

The app would help you achieve this using the skip product feature. As a first step, you have to create two product types in Shopify for your products. Then, you have to create shipping classes for these products with the same product type name (created in Shopify) in the app. Once this is done, you can use the skip product feature so that, you can skip the shipping cost of Product B when combined with Product A.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks for the response.

The skip product feature seems to be the solution to my problem, I'll play around with the free trial and see if there are any issues. Can this be done if both products are in separate profiles?

Is there any way to do this without downloading the app? Custom shipping profiles, weights, dollar value etc?

1 Like
Highlighted

@ShipPriority ,

You need an app to make this scenario work. Also, the products must be in a single profile to make this work using this app. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes