Shipping rates - add via CSV upload

4 0 0

Hi There

Does anyone know of any way to add shipping rates through uploading a CSV?

We have a complicated shipping rates matrix from our warehouse and adding them manually takes ages.

If its not something that can be done through an existing module then would be happy to look at getting it custom created by a developer (if that's even possible).

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
146 10 23

Hi, @Paul66!

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question.

At this stage, there isn't a way to import shipping rates to Shopify through a CSV, or in bulk. I know you also mentioned that you are interested in looking at a custom solution for this, however this isn't something that is possible at the moment through any custom set up either. Currently, the only way to add shipping rates to Shopify is by manually creating the rates, following these steps.

It sounds like you have already added these rates to your admin manually, and I understand this has been quite time consuming for you, so I'd really like to share your experience with our teams so that they can see how this is impacting your business. Equally, it would be great if there were a way to import shipping rates through a CSV, so I'm going to pass on this suggestion to our developers so that they can read over your thoughts. Our teams consider these types of requests as they work to build and improve our platform, so we really appreciate receiving this type of feedback. 

If our teams add this feature in the future, we will share this update on our changelog and also on our Announcements page to keep our merchants in the loop. 

In the meantime though, if you have any details to add regarding this, please let me know and I would be happy to share any further thoughts or suggestions with our teams. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Rae

Thanks for replying. This is probably the single main reason that stops us using Shopify for all our stores (we operate over 150 and only put 5 through Shopify). Seems a very odd thing that it can't be done. 

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. We'll stick with what we have for the time being and re-look at this again in the future.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
146 10 23

Hi, @Paul66 

Thanks so much for getting back to me with these extra details. 

I completely understand how beneficial this feature would be for you and your businesses, so hopefully this is something that our teams can look into developing in the future. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll be glad to help further! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes