Shipping rates calculator not available

Solved
Postgamebasebal
2 0 0

Hello Helen-

I'm new to Shopify and am also having trouble with setting up shipping through a third party fulfillment partner.  Would you be able to help me with that?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 119 164

Hello, @Postgamebasebal. Welcome to Shopify and the Community! Understanding shipping, planning your strategy, and then setting it all up can be very daunting at first. I’m happy to help make sense of it for you.

Could you please first tell me more about your business, and how you are planning to ship your products using a third party? 

For example, are you going to be shipping your products using a third party shipping app, or your own shipping carrier rates? In this case the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature would need to be enabled on your account. 

Or, are you going to have your products shipped from a third party warehouse? For this process, you’ll need to set up a custom fulfillment service?

Let me know, and I’ll guide you through it!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
UberJelly
1 0 0

I'm struggling with this as well, I have purchased advanced but cangt get it working.

I.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 119 164

Hi, @UberJelly. Welcome to the Community!

The Carrier Calculated Shipping feature is indeed included in the Advanced plan, and it needs to be activated manually by a member of our Support team. 

I am more than happy to do that for you, so I will be sending you an email very shortly so that I can authenticate your account and enable it. Please watch for it, and reply with the requested information at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

0 Likes
kindredspirits
1 0 0

Hello @Helen I can't seem to use any carrier calculated rates either and it's making the process of printing shipping labels on shopify impossible. Is there any chance you could help me with this too?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 119 164

Absolutely, @kindredspirits! Are you needing Carrier Calculated Shipping enabled to use a third party shipping app for your labels? Or is it to connect to your own carrier account?

Please watch for an email that I am sending you very shortly to authorize enabling it on your account. We can confirm at that time too, how you would prefer to have it added. The options are outlined in my post on 04-22-2020, and summarized below:

21-01-wujpu-bo3vw

0 Likes
motormofos
1 0 0

Hello! Does this mean that shipping costs won't always flood over using Printable, Printify, and Aliexpress? I'm using the basic Shopify plan. As an example, one item on printify shows all the shipping rates, but it doesn't flood over to my store. Instead, it says shipping costs are $0 as experienced by others in this thread.

Much respect, Josh

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 119 164

Hey, Josh! Welcome to the Community.

Some integrations, like Printify do offer their own calculated shipping rates. Since calculated rates are determined by the distance from the shipping fulfillment location to the customers shipping address (among other factors of course, like weight and dimensions) this would give your customers the most accurate shipping rates for their order. 

Therefore, in order to use a third party’s calculated rates like you’re seeing in your Printify account,  Carrier Calculated Shipping would need to be enabled, and then Printify’s rates set up for your print on demand items from them in ‘Settings > Shipping and delivery’

Otherwise, for dropshipped or print on demand items that don’t offer their own rates, or if you’d like to set up your own, it’s recommended to use free or flat shipping rates. You can read more about this in the Help Doc for Shipping strategies for dropshipping. Printify’s Help Center also has more information about how to use their shipping options on your store. Check it out!

0 Likes
adventmedia
10 0 0

How do I set up the Shopify Carrier Calculated Rates?

I have a shipping zone set up for USA. Then I tried to Add Rate

• Use carrier or app to calculate rates
There are no carriers or apps available for this zone.

WTH?
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1030 119 164

Hey, @adventmedia. Thanks for reaching out here.

Have you been able to add Shopify carrier calculated rates to other zones? What country is your store based in? 

The built-in carrier calculated rates are available to use through Shopify Shipping, which is currently available to merchants located in the USA, Canada and Australia. If you are outside of those three countries, you’ll need to use flat rates instead or an app like EasyShip to be able to offer calculated rates to your customers.

Keep in mind, most shipping apps will require you to also enable third party carrier calculated shipping on your Shopify account. It is included in all annual plans, as well as the Advanced plan, and can be added to a monthly Basic or Shopify Plan for $20/month. If you determine that you do need it enabled, please reach out via live chat, email or callback and we’d be happy to turn it on for you. 

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes