Shipping rates not showing at checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0

I changed variants on products and created shipping charges based on weight but when I test it only gives auto shopify shipping charges. What an I doing wrong? Thxs

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey, Julie!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :)

When I tested out your shipping rates it looks like I was successfully able to pull a flat rate created by you. Check it out here.

It's possible you've already fixed the issue, but if not please feel free to let me know which product you're test with, it's weight and the approximate address you're using to test.

Happy selling!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was able to fix the issue. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Julie, Savannah,

We've been experiencing the same issue for ages - our customers never see the shipping rates until it's time to pay. This is very poor UX so can you help others by sharing your fix?

Much appreciated,

Jacques

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey, Jacques!

Happy to help. Would you mind elaborating a bit more? I'm not sure that I fully understand.

I took a quick peek at the shop and it seems to be populating shipping rates in the proper spot, like this

Those rates need to pop up after the customer has added their address in order to give a proper estimate. Are you hoping for some kind of shipping rate estimator that will give them an idea of rates prior to the checkout process? If so, we've got a guide that outlines how to do that here

The above post referred to flat rates not showing up when carrier-calculated rates were. That's usually due to variants not falling within the specified weight range for the products and product combinations. To avoid that, you'll want to make sure that the rates meet each other to avoid any shipping blind spots. For example, 1kg-1.9kg, 2kg-2.9kg, etc. Another factor at play is the default box weight (found in Settings>Shipping) which can add a weight to the overall order weight and mess with shipping rates.

Let me know a bit more about what you're experiencing, and we'll come up with a solution together. :) 

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've simulated an order many times but the calculated shipping rates are not included in the order at checkout. I also set to it calculate based on the weight of the items. I'm so confused. I also sent an invoice to a customer who knows I'm trying to figure this out but upon checkout, she was also not charged shipping. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes