Shipping rates per supplier

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

We are creating a new store, and have a bit of a hybrid model when it comes to shipping.

We carry a limited number of products in stock that we ship from here, but we also sell items supplied directly by other companies.    I want to charge the customer the supplier rate for each seperate    The complication comes if the customer orders products from say us and 2 other suppliers, meaning there will be 3 seperate shipping rates.   I need to show these seperately on the checkout per supplier.

Hope that makes some sense, but it's the exact same mechanism Amazon would use.   I've seen Better Shipping being mentioned a few times.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 47

Hey, Karl!

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

You're right - Better Shipping is likely your best option, though there are some other apps that might also be able to introduce this function, such as Bespoke Shipping or Advanced Shipping Manager.  Shopify's standard system calculates shipping rates based on either weight or price, and isn't set up for prices based on specific products or suppliers. 

If you'd rather not go the app route, there's always the option to create a customized shipping table, that would cover all possible combinations of rates, and then create multiple manual shipping rates accordingly.  Takes a little bit of work and math, but it's totally doable - for an example, there's a good explanation for this on Printful's blog on matching shipping rates.  That's designed for their print on demand service, but could be modified for your purposes!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
34 0 2

The app we develop, Advanced Shipping Rules, allows you configure different rates for different groups of products that then get combined intelligently at checkout for your customer. 

Our whole app was built for your use case. 

You can have some products shipping via UPS from California, and some products shipping via FedEx from New York, and some products ship with a flat rate, etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Why can't I add these apps and others in my shopify store in UK?

Im on my free trial at the moment.
0 Likes