Shipping restrictions to various states?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

I'm trying to sell items that need to be restricted in certain states like NY and CA.  The catch is that only a couple of my store items have this restriction.  

Is there any way that I can stop users shipping to CA and NY from purchasing these specific products?

I cannot use the better shipping app as I am not handling the shipping.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
207 0 14

Hello Kevin, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

The only way to restrict the shipping of the product to certain states is to make the products have a very high set weight, and set up shipping rates for those states based around those weights. However this will become difficult if they add more than one item to the checkout and if you have many other products that are to be shipped to all of the states.

Beyond that the Better Shipping app is the only way to set specific per product shipping rates and restrictions, but you have mentioned that it will not work for you. What I can recommend is that you give us a call, or chat in, so we can take a close look at everything on your account and get a better idea of what you specifically need.

Hope that helps :)

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
34 0 2

The app we develop, Advanced Shipping Rules, allows you configure different rates for different groups of products that then get combined intelligently at checkout for your customer. 

We have a feature that will disable our app returning any rates when a product from a restricted product group is being shipped to a zone where you did not set-up a rate. 

It works sort of like one rotten apple spoils the bunch. 

We have a bunch of clients using this for state restrictions for just certain products. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Brain,

I am having the same issue and I am planning to use your APP for solving the issue.  Would like to know how to setup properly to prevent certain products from shipping to those states have restriction on certain type of products.

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes