Shipping set up for both Canada Post AND UPSP?

Highlighted
1 0 1

I am based in Canada and use Canada Post for Canadian customers, but I live close enough to the US border that I am able to use a delivery service that brings USPS parcels down to the states to ship them from there. It’s a HUGE savings in shipping for my customers, but I’m having trouble finding a way of setting up both on my website. In the past on our old platform, we had to invoice every US customer separately and then manually create a label for them through Ship Robot. I’m hoping there exists a way or an app to allow me to access both shipping services. I have a US address that I use for my USPS shipments. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 34 74

Hi, @Crookshanks!

Sophia here from Shopify.

Shopify Shipping will determine which carriers are available to your store based on your store's address. If your store address is in Canada, Shopify Shipping will only display Canada Post as an available carrier. However, you can add your own FedEx or UPS carrier accounts if you have the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature enabled.

In order to use USPS on your Canadian Shopify account, you will likely need to use one of the third-party apps that integrate with USPS. If you still have a ShipRobot account, ShipRobot has an app that integrates directly with your Shopify store which might make the process easer for you than it was with the old platform. ShipStation and Shippo are two other popular options that integrate with USPS and the Shopify admin, but there are several other options to choose from in the Shopify App Store.

Shipping apps that work with the online store checkout will require the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature in order to display rates to your customers. This feature is included in the Advanced plan, or it can be added to any monthly plan for $20/month. If you're on annual, biennial, or triennial billing period instead of monthly, we can actually add the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature to your account for free. These billing periods can save you between 10-25% on your Shopify subscription, and you can view the options under Settings > Account > Compare plans > Change your billing period if you're interested.

Please let me know if any of those apps work for you and if you have any questions. If you decide to use one of the apps that requires the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature, let me know and we can discuss the options for adding the feature to your account.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

The correct and straight option would be to go for Carrier calculated rates and use a single solution to manage both your USPS and Canada Post accounts. And if you are using Canada post, just as the shipper address should be Canadian, similarly, for USPS, the shipper address should be a US one. In that solution, there should be a way to define both addresses and use both these carriers together. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this. It is compatible with both Canada Post as well as USPS. Also, to work with the app, you should have carrier calculated rates enabled in your Shopify account. 

You can remain on the Basic Shopify plan and add the live carrier rates feature for as little as $0/month if you switch to yearly billing (this also saves you 10% off your plan, so for a lot of users this is the way to go), or you can add it for $20/month a-la-carte. You can add this feature to your plan by contacting Shopify 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes