Shipping setting

Solved
yuyahamada
2 0 0
  1. Regarding shipping setting, I chose "Carrier and app rates" on the setting, and then go to web page and I tried to checkout, then shipping fee is calculated automatically but all the time it shows shipping fee is free even though international. Who is going to pay for that shipping? I want customer to pay shipping fee. (Please attached photos) Admin page for shippingAdmin page for shippingOnline page for checkoutOnline page for checkout
  2. Regarding shipping promotion, I would like to add the following type of promotions on the web page."First order shipping free and Over $50 is shipping free" Can you tell me how can I set up these promotion? 
  3. Regarding shipping label, I understand creating shipping label from order page but where can I get label sticker to print?
  4. Regarding shipping, when I sent sample to the customer how can I create shipping label? 
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @yuyahamada.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

USPS rates at checkout
It looks like the issue with the USPS rate appearing at checkout may just be the type of service selected in the shipping settings. The First Class Mail option is for letters and postcards, so it won't appear in the checkout unless your default package is set to an envelope within the size guidelines from USPS. Did you mean to select First Class Package option instead?

Free shipping promotion
There are two ways that you can set up free shipping within the Shopify admin. If this is an ongoing offer, you can create a free shipping rate under Settings > Shipping and delivery and specify that it applies only to orders $50 and over. If it is just a limited time promotion, you may want to create a free shipping discount code instead. The discount code will allow you to set a promotion start date and end date so you don't have to worry about changing your settings once the promotion is over.

Printing shipping labels
To print shipping labels from your admin, you can either use a desktop printer or one of the supported label printers. The label printers will allow you to print on the sticker paper instead of regular printer paper. If you don't already have a supported label printer, you can find printers and sticker paper in the Shopify Hardware Store.

Shipping labels for sample orders
I recommend creating draft orders when sending samples out to customers. You can skip sending an invoice to the customer unless they need to pay for shipping. Creating a draft order will allow you to print a label from the admin provided that you have the sample products set up with accurate weights.

I hope you find all of this information helpful. I've linked quite a few documents from the Shopify Help Center here, so please take some time to review them and let me know if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

yuyahamada
2 0 0
I'm following the direction you explained about creating shipping label for sending samples to the customer but I don't see any "print" mark on draft order.
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@yuyahamada wrote:
I'm following the direction you explained about creating shipping label for sending samples to the customer but I don't see any "print" mark on draft order.

You're almost there! Payment needs to be accepted for the order before the fulfillment options become available. If you mark as paid (provided you've already received payment elsewhere or no payment was required), the draft order will move to your regular orders list where fulfillment options including printing a label will be available. In this case, you can leave an internal note on the order indicating the original order number where the payment was accepted or that the order is for free samples, if that's helpful for your records.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes