Shipping settings. Printful vs Personal Sales ? I'm so confused.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have spent almost 3 days trying to figure all of this out. I am so confused by these shipping settings.

I have Printful synced to my Shopify but will also be selling products that I make and fulfill personally.

1.) Will the Printful products automatically redirect to Printful for fulfillment and follow their shipping settings and prices ?

2.) Will my personal products automatically follow Shopify shipping settings ?

3.) What happens if someone buys a Printful product and my personal product in the same transaction ?

What is the best way to go about setting this up ? Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
353 42 55

Hey, @Lindsey12812!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

The first thing you will need to do if you haven't already is enable real-time carrier-calculated rates on Shopify's end. You can do that if you're a Shopify Advanced plan user as it is included. You're also able to use this feature for other Shopify plans by contacting Shopify and requesting to add live rates for an extra $20 per month on top of your plan price.

Second, connect your Shopify live rates feature to Printful. Go to your Printful Dashboard > Settings > Shipping and choose your Shopify store. Under the 'Enable live shipping rates for Printful products with Shopify' heading, click the checkbox next to 'Use live rates for my Printful products'. That means you've connected your Shopify's live rates to Printful!

If your store has products you store at Printful's warehouses or products you fulfil elsewhere, you have to add shipping costs for those products separately on Shopify's end.

In cases where your customer has both Printful and non-Printful products in their cart, Shopify will automatically take the lowest available shipping rate from both product groups and combine them together into one. So your customer will see one shipping option available at the checkout.

If you wish to create more advanced shipping rate combinations, there are some paid apps like Advanced Shipping Rules that will allow you to do that.

I hope this helps but If you still have any further questions, you can contact Printful support at support@printful.com. They are very helpful! If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Don't forget, with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up, we have put together this Black Friday Checklist. It is full of tips and tricks to make the most of the busiest online season so be sure to check it out!

Kind regards,

Lulu 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes