Shipping size questions with Canada posts

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm totally new to Shopify and I've been pulling my hair with the shipping questions. I use calculated shipping rates, I know that Canada posts has a minimum size, it says "Packages with any dimensions smaller than 14 x 9 x 0.1 cm won't show rates to customers for Canada Post international services." If my box is 4X4X4 inches (10cmX10cmX10cm), and I enter the minimum requirements in my saved packages (which would be 5.5  X 4 X4 according to these standards) , it does work well in the test mode, but shipping wise, does it mean that it won't be accepted in the US and at international destinations? I did call my post office and they said it would be ok in Canada but might not be in the US-International and that was all that I had as an answer...I'm pretty confused, if anyone had that issue or has the answer, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Alice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I am not sure why it won't be accepted in US or international market. 4 x 4 x 4 which is 10 x 10 x 10 is a completely valid package size. The only reason it cannot be accepted is if it breaches the weight limit of the package. For example, it should not exceed a weight of more than 150 lbs. A better way to know whether the package is accepted or international destinations is by checking the logs from the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. You can use the app to ship and then monitor the error messages.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Alice, 

Did you ever figure this issue out? We are running into the same problem. Our package is 4.5"x4.5"x38" and when we try to create a Canada Post label through the Shopify dashboard it is saying that the two smaller dimensions need to be at lease 5.5" and 8.3". 

0 Likes