Shipping tables by zip prefix?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 14

My supplier will be in many cases shipping directly to my customers for items beyond the very limited selection I'll actually stock on hand. To calculate shipping they use the "official UPS rate chart" based on weight in lbs and zones (based on first 3 digit zip code ranges). They publish it in a table form in their annual catalog.

Ive set up realtime shipping with the UPS module but the quotes are not accurate, perhaps realtime tables have changed or it's due to my quotes not having package data beyond weight.

Ultimately I need to have things based on this total order lbs applied to the UPS zone table my supplier is using. I don't mind typing it in manually once per year when the catalog changes if I need to, but I'm not sure how I'd go about organizing or setting this up, if it is possible  

thanks for any nudges in the right direction!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hey there!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :). 

You wouldn't be able to upload your table directly into your admin but you could use an app like Postcode Shipping, this should allow you to set rates for zip codes based on the weight of the order.

Hope that helps :)
Patrick
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

@Chad91 : There is no direct import of shipping quotes based on post codes available. Since you already have a rate chart, you can use the Multi carrier shipping label app to configure shipping rules based on post codes and total weight of the order. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes