Shipping to only say "Please call us to confirm shipping costs" without having "free" or "0.00" on the checkout page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

We are a furniture store with many products of varying shapes and sizes. We want our customers to purchase products online and then call us to get a shipping quote. When we try to do this, the checkout page always includes the words "free" or the numbers/dollar amount "0.00" alongside our sentence. How can we just say "Please call us to confirm shipping costs" and nothing else (e.g. no other words like "free" or numbers on this section). Shipping is not free and not 0.00 so we need to remove these references on the final checkout pages. How do we do this please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I was wondering this as well.

Thank You, Mitch Farber President / NETbilling, Inc. Mitchf@netbilling.com 661-252-2456
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 23

Hi Larissa, 

Jamie here from Shopify. There are a few ways around this. In your admin > online store > themes > (...) > edit language > checkout > you can do a search for 'free'. This will bring up a few different ways that free is used in your checkout. You can experiment with these options to get the desired effect: 

See screenshots

As an alternative, you can remove shipping as a requirement for these products. You can do so from your admin > products > select a product (you might need to select the particular variant where applicable) and uncheck 'this product requires shipping'. Keep in mind that a shipping address may not be required on these orders if you go that route. 

I hope that gets you headed in the right direction! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Jamie, its great to receive your reply. We will try your proposed solution and let you know how we get on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks a lot Jami! That worked for me as well! 

@Jami wrote:

Hi Larissa, 

Jamie here from Shopify. There are a few ways around this. In your admin > online store > themes > (...) > edit language > checkout > you can do a search for 'free'. This will bring up a few different ways that free is used in your checkout. You can experiment with these options to get the desired effect: 

See screenshots

As an alternative, you can remove shipping as a requirement for these products. You can do so from your admin > products > select a product (you might need to select the particular variant where applicable) and uncheck 'this product requires shipping'. Keep in mind that a shipping address may not be required on these orders if you go that route. 

I hope that gets you headed in the right direction! 

0 Likes