Shipping using USPS first class mail for 1oz letter sized shipments

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Most of my business today currently sells items on Shopify that fit in a standard sized 4 1/8 x 9.5 inch envelope that weighs 1oz or less requiring only a standard first class domestic (55 cents) postage to be shipped. After much research through trial/error it seems that most solutions that apps or natively on the Shopify platform only offers the same $1 first class mail (for large envelopes) option from within the shipping fulfillment menu of their platform. I am currently printing out the address labels individually and throwing a stamp on every order (which is very time consulting and not scalable). I am looking for s solution that will import the address (to/from field) and will allow me to purchase a .55 first class postage and throw it all 4x6 thermal label to be printable in bulk for my incoming orders. So far I have been unable to find any solution to help with this as the shipping/fulfillment process has been extremely time consuming and tedious. Any solutions to optimize this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
Highlighted
3 0 0

Unfortunately, I have the exact same issue/problem so am NO help to you and found YOUR post because I was looking for the same solution. That being said, have you at least found a way to auto generate the little address label with your customer's address on it? (I've only learned how to copy and paste the addresses so would at least love to find how to auto generate multiples customers address so they would auto print on a small mailing address label.)

That being said, IF you have found a way to generate the address label with no postage on it for multiple orders/customers at one time.....have you considered buying pre-stamped/forever stamp envelopes form the post office? This is what I'm considering doing so I don't have to peel and adhere the postage at least.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I did not find a solution therefore I just went with the $1 solution that Shopify currently offers.  Not ideal but has saved me a lot of time with order processing when processing upwards of 20+ orders at a time the Thermal printer is able to spit out my pre postaged and addressed labels 20 at a time.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Interesting. Sorry, you didn't find a cheaper solution. Do you mind pointing me to the $1 solution you are referring to that you landed on? Do you sell outside of shopify as well on other platforms by chance where you have also used this solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Shopify offers their First Class Postage Domestic Rate at $1 versus the .55 cents solution offered from USPS.  I purchase the postage directly from Shopify  and bulk process orders through the native Shopify experience printing out on my Rollo Thermal printer.  At this time I only sell within Shopify hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hmmmm, I must be missing a setting. I only see first class PACKAGE as an option which is more than $2.50....so I was hoping you could share what setting/what you are seeing ....actual words for the $1 setting. (I have a zebra so could easily do the thermal printer label portion with postage.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Make sure your item weight for the product is set to 1oz and below and the dimensions should be the size of a standard #10 envelope.  Once those are set you should get a $1 option for domestic first class shipping within the US.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that automatically imports all your orders along with the customer address. You can then print the labels for all the orders in bulk with a single click. Also, the app offers the same rates, whatever your USPS account offers. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

0 Likes