Shipping weight calculating wrong

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 0 8

Hi All,

I am very confused here.

I have a product which has a weight of 0.05kg

That product is the only product in a shipping profile which dictates the following:

0kg - 0.05kg = £1.20

0.06kg - 0.10kg = £2.40

0.11kg - 0.15kg = £3.60

0.16kg - 0.20kg = £4.80

0.21kg and up = £5.00

So a customer just ordered 2 of these products, which means the shipping weight should be 0.10kg making the shipping cost £2.40. BUT they were charged £5.00 shipping and on the order page it says the shipping weight is 0.287kg.

Anybody got any idea why this is happening??

Here is a document with screenshots hosted in my OneDrive to look at: https://1drv.ms/b/s!As-i-jhqtkD2huN9RRDcT2Ms5_sPqw?e=iyKWBy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

@Gareth_Doherty1  Please ensure that you are referring to the same variant. 

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 0 8

@Mirdas both variants of this product have a weight of 0.05kg and both variants are on the shipping profile.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 0 8

Anyone got any ideas on this? Is it something I might need to raise with Shopify Suport?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

@Gareth_Doherty1  Did you add a package type?

The default package is used to calculate the shipping rates at checkout. So the weight of the default package will be added to the order weight. 

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
45 0 8

@Mirdas you are spot on. I had no clue about the package type. I have set the default package weight to 0 so it doesn't add anything to my shipping weight.

0 Likes