Shipping weights not totalling

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Good morning,

We have an artificial grass website (https://www.supremelawns.co.uk/) which has a number of products to purchase at different weights/sizes.

We have noticed that when people purchase through our website the total weight of the products are not adding together so our delivery costs are too low. For example we recently had a customer who purchased around 10 items but was only being charged delivery for 1 x roll of grass.

Any advice on how we can resolve this please.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Calla 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hey @SupremeLawns!

That is strange, the correct shipping rate should apply. I'll just go through some troubleshooting questions to see if we can shed some light on this for you. If you add up the weight of all the products in the order, do they fall under the correct shipping weight from your shipping profile? If they do, was the correct price added at the checkout? Can I ask if you have made any edits recently to your shipping profile before or after the order was placed?

Let me know the above and we can keep chatting!

Ava 

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
210 8 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SupremeLawns 

To solve your problem, you can add a weight-based shipping rate ọn your Shopify website. To know how to add weight-based shipping rate, you can follow this shipping guide: https://avada.io/shopify/docs/how-add-weight-based-manual-rates.html

For any issues with shipping, you can find a solution on this complete shipping guide: https://avada.io/shopify/docs/shipping/

Hope it's useful to you

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Ava,

Unfortunately I have made some edits to the shipping costs as I needed to ensure we weren't losing money on our orders.

i have readjusted some of shipping rates and will put through some test orders today to see if the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hey again, @SupremeLawns!

That sounds great, do let me know how the test orders work out! If you've set up the rates correctly, but they are not showing at checkout, oftentimes the issue can be that a merchant makes a slight change the shipping rate *after* the order has been placed. So while the rates would have been correct at the time of purchase, they now appear incorrect when reviewing the order. This is an example from my test store:

These products together weigh 18kgs:

19-22-qqorb-z56l1

I have one General Shipping profile, it has a rate of Heavy-Duty Shipping for up to 28kgs:

19-24-7t637-vbsto

So this is the rate that is showing at checkout:

19-25-xcyq9-ra9n0

It is also important to note that I have my sample package (the weight of the box the products will be shipped in) to weigh nothing, so that it will not add anything to my shipping rates. 

19-28-m8bvr-1euu0

This is a screenshot from your checkout here, could you confirm if the correct rates are showing for the weight of these products?

19-33-252yf-39g60

It is best to do a test or two yourself too! However, this issue shows up every now and again for merchants. Depending on the time and date of edits made in the admin, they can cause some confusion if they are made around the same time an order was placed. 

Let me know how you get on!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Ava, is there a way to hire you for help with setting up shipping? My store is having some issues and you seem to be very knowledgeable in that department. Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hey, @TheHatGirls!

Thanks so much, that's very kind of you! It would be best to reach out to our live support channels here instead though, they can provide quick and in-depth support. It can sometimes be difficult to provide a detailed level of support via our Forums, as we would need to authenticate you as the account owner first before we can discuss your account. And a lot of the information we discuss would usually be quite private, so it can sometimes be easier to reach out to the teams on the live channels; once they authenticate you at the beginning they can dive into your issues!

We can usually point you in the right direction, but if you needed someone to come in and set up your rates for you from scratch, I would recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert.  You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

If you had more general questions, I can help you out here! I'd recommend starting a new topic here to keep the questions separate.

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Good afternoon,

I know dimensional weight can be one of the most frustrating and confusing parts of running an eCommerce site!

We built ShipperHQ to help make shipping easier and that includes dimensional weight. With ShipperHQ, you can set dimensional rules and define box sizes to get more accurate rates based on the dimensions of individual products and your packing options. 

Need help handling dimensional weight? Sign up for a 30-day free trial of ShipperHQ

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having a similar challenge with shipping settings. Is there a way to do weight based shipping that also adjusts based on where its being shipped without having to create zones for every location I ship to with varying rates and weight based shipping options? Seems like too much to manually configure. I am currently using USPS medium and large flat rate boxes but shopify doesn't have either of the boxes I use in their carrier packaging drop down list to choose from. Even if it did, it would only charge the customer for 1 shipping box when they might have placed an order that requires multiple or larger shipping boxes. So how can I do weight and location based shipping please? Thank you kindly for the support!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

@jmarie 

This is possible using the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. Based on the input you have given, the app helps you divide the order into multiple boxes if required and calculate rates based on that.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes