Shipping zone by county or zip code? Multiple options?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 7

We are a nonprofit selling mounted flags as a fundraiser.

We plan to offer:

• Local pickup by appointment.
  • Free shipping (as in we bring it to you) for our parish and the surrounding parishes (counties).
  • Then a flat rate for everyone else. 

We do not sell internationally. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to set this up and would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 47

Hi Lynn,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for reaching out on forums :)

Once you set up Shipping Zones such as 'Local' and 'Everywhere else', you can set up Shipping Rates (by clicking Add a shipping rate) in your shipping admin that will only apply to this area. This zone can be area/ country/ many countiries specific as you prefer!

Each option you mention can act as a shipping rate for your customer such as local pick by appointment up for the local zone (though you'd need to arrange this time external to the Shopify admin), local delivery, and then standard shipping for the other zone.

There is a fab app that you can integrate into your store to help you with appointment pick up times as well that may work, you can see this by clicking this link and perhaps even contacting them to see if they can help you out with the delivery option too - https://apps.shopify.com/click-and-collect

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne :)

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 7

Thanks for you reply... but as I said, I don't ship internationally. I need zones by zip code or county not country. 

We personally deliver to our surrounding counties and flat rate ship for the rest. I see how to modify the zone down to a particular state but I need to be more precise. 

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 47

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply!

There is an app in the app store that may be just perfect for you called Postcode Shipping Extension, please check them out- https://apps.shopify.com/postcode-shipping-extension!

They are getting really great reviews!

Thanks Lynn!

Anne :)

0 Likes