Solved

Do I receive customer's shipping payments in my Shopify account?

Farro
Excursionist
18 0 8

When my customers pay their portion of shipping, do I receive that portion in my shopify payments along with the actually price of the item? And then I use those funds to place the shipping delivery on my end? Im drop shipping btw all this shipping mess is confusing. Like just pay me the full total and then Ill worry about the shipping from the manufacturer im drop shipping from.

If anybody could clear this up for me, Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Farro,

Thanks for your question! You've absolutely got it. 

When your customer completes their payment at checkout, the total amount paid (excluding Shopify Payments fees) will be included in your payout. Whether you're fulfilling orders from home or via a dropshipping supplier, the aim is to charge your customer sufficient shipping fees to account for the cost you will pay to have their order shipped. That said, we do recommend having enough funds available to request fulfillment of and/or ship your order without relying on your payout to be deposited first, to reduce overall delivery time for your customer. Absolutely up to you though! 

May I ask what dropshipping app you plan on using? 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Farro,

Thanks for your question! You've absolutely got it. 

When your customer completes their payment at checkout, the total amount paid (excluding Shopify Payments fees) will be included in your payout. Whether you're fulfilling orders from home or via a dropshipping supplier, the aim is to charge your customer sufficient shipping fees to account for the cost you will pay to have their order shipped. That said, we do recommend having enough funds available to request fulfillment of and/or ship your order without relying on your payout to be deposited first, to reduce overall delivery time for your customer. Absolutely up to you though! 

May I ask what dropshipping app you plan on using? 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Farro
Excursionist
18 0 8

woohoo! lets go June! Thanks for the reply, and no drop shipping app. I will place the order manually individually. No worries im only ds a single product

levigibson
Visitor
1 0 1

June, On this answer im confused about one thing. When I run reports. Specifically profit by product report. It does not show shipping costs even though I have shipped the products. So my question is does the Gross sales account for those shipping costs that i have spent or do the shipping costs come out of my net sales and is not simply reported in that report. My fear is that the gross profit im seeing does not account for all the money i paid in shipping. Can you confirm where that money is reported and if the shipping costs are just not listed in my Net profits? 

Clare58
Tourist
4 0 1

Did you receive any response to this? I'm struggling also