Shipping

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3
What is the best way to do shipping by weight or per item? What is a good rate for shipping?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1
Best shipping rate is accurate shipping rate. So... whatever helps you make that easier, is going to be best.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 3
What do u mean accurate
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 3
I charge a $5.00 flat shipping fee. I figured this by weighing my product and choosing to only use fedex ground which garuntees the package within 5 days (i'm in the midwest) and even to AZ or OR, it's under 5.00. So I figure I break even that way...
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3
My products are different weights, I use FedEx. A shipping calculator is helpful and accurate.
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2
We also do flat rate shipping - but, sometimes we end up paying more. But, it works for us right now because we are still in the growing stages ...
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
After paying customs for many things ordered online, I'm sending everything as gifts, with tracking numbers to make sure it successfully gets delivered. It's more expensive but I'd rather be safe, than have headaches and I simply charge the consumer a flat rate. It's not a financial advantage for me (since I usually end up paying more than the flat rate fee) but I think it's less complicated or time consuming than damage control. Hopefully, the client will be super happy and it will the best online purchase experience ever. Good luck!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Getting shipping rates based on weight from a carrier is the safest way to ship rather than defining own rates based on weight. The reason being, you can undercharge or overcharge if there is a manual rate configuration. Hence you can use Multi Carrier Shipping label app which allows you to calculate rates based on weight. Also, if you are sure as to how many products should go inside a box, then you can define the quantity in the app. And the charge will be calculated based on that.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes