Shop can not print shipping labels

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

When I try to purchase shipping labels, an error message comes up. 

Unable to purchase shipping labels: Your shop cannot purchase shipping labels. Please contact shipping-ops@shopify.com to resolve this issue.

Can you please fix it as soon as possible, We are under pressure and need the labels as fast as possible

productsupplyglobal@gmail.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @Fighter!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

As the error message is asking you to send an email to shipping-ops@shopify.com, I would recommend following that instruction, as they will be the best team to help you manage this error. For security reasons, we're unable to access accounts via our Community Forums to give you further information specific to your account. Once you've emailed our Shipping team, they'll respond to your email within 3 business days. Keep an eye out for it, and make sure you check your spam/junk folders as well.

Thanks again for reaching out!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Wouldn't it make sense for the support staff to handle the support of the customers instead of having to email an ops team for support?

I just spent a couple hundred dollars on a brother thermal printer from shopify, it arrived, I built my store, I go to send two products that I have been waiting to print labels for and I can't purchase labels. I even selected the 1 year prepay for over $300 and I can't use my store. Shipping-ops email created a ticket but no human response yet. Should I print a label through USPS? This is a poor user onboarding experience. I'm over $500 invested in Shopify and I'm stopped dead in my tracks at getting  labels. Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @idffco!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question.

If a merchant is seeing this error, it generally means that there's an API issue which cannot be handled by Shopify Support. Although the Shopify Gurus know their way around Shopify's platform, we are not developers and are unable to help with coding and backend API support. This is handled directly by our operations teams.

It is rare that there's something our Guru's are unable to support, so you can rest assured we're always here to help out. I'll send your feedback onto the shipping team to let them know your viewpoint so we can improve in future.

If you're seeing the same issue, be sure to contact the team as above. You should generally receive a response within 3 business days. If not, contact the Shopify Support team with your ticket number so they can follow up for you.

If the error message you see is different from the above example, please let me know what errors you are seeing, and I'll do my best to help out.

Have a great day.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've yet to get any response on the ticket initiated with shipping-ops@shopify and have been printing labels from usps.com instead.

I'll be cancelling my account soon since I don't expect a response from the shipping team. I was able to print 2 labels and even getting those 2 labels ordered and printed I saw more api failures and had to retry repeatedly to get a label ordered.

Good luck. This has been a pretty terrible new user onboarding

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you ever get this resolved??

This is crazy having to wait so many days for them to get back to us, when we pay so much for these accounts. I have been able to print labels, no problem. But now that I have 4 orders waiting to go out, I can't print them anymore.

This is pushing me behind, and kind of crazy we have to wait so many days for it to be resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Never resolved.

After 3 days of failed api calls to get labels for my orders I shipped out 2 items only for those 2 items to be completely lost by USPS. Support takes no responsibility they simply say "When you buy labels it's from USPS or UPS or whoever you choose to ship with?" and they don't care that the api calls are failing, nor do they care if the labels are misprinted or something else happens to end up losing your merchandise and your customers never receive their purchase.

I closed my shopify store. I never heard back EVER not once from shipping-ops@shopify so that's a giant blackhole with no support behind it at all.

Seriously, find an alternative. You are about to waste valuable months of time going back and forth with support on a product that is never going to work for you the way you need it to. If this is the support you're getting as a brand new customer, why give them any of your money?

Abandon hope!

This is my favorite lie right hereThis is my favorite lie right here

0 Likes