Shopify Canada Post shipping label insurance option

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 0 0

Hi,

I would like to know how can one buy insurance when purchasing Canada Post labels through Shopify store panel.  I recently shipped out an item without any insurance since I did not see it mentioned anywhere during the shipping label purchasing process.  I only realized it after I bought the labels and stuck it on my package.

The instructions to buy Canada Post shipping labels don't mention it also.   https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/labels/buy-and-print

I have to buy shipping labels with insurance for my upcoming orders.. Won't use Shopify shipping labels if they aren't offered.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 0 23

Hey A L,

This is Oswald, a Guru here at Shopify!

At the moment we do not have the option to buy additional services such as insurance for the shipping labels via the Shopify Admin. You may use an app called Shippo that has the option and it will sync up with all your orders on your Shopify store to allow you to buy them with ease. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to the Guru team. :)

Cheers!

Oswald | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Oswald, 

Is there any update on this feature? I'm also looking for an option to add additional insurance to a package and create the label through the Shopify Canada Post portal.

Thanks!

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Canada Post API provides a field 'Coverage' that covers or insures your shipments. It shows the final rates which include coverage against loss or damage. The availability and the limits of liability coverage depend on the service selected, country of destination, and the nature of the items being shipped. To use this feature, you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes