Shopify Changing My Shipping Dates

Anonymous
Not applicable
705 0 56

Shopify has started doing something at random when it comes to my shipping dates and phone support has not been helpful.

Shopify will randomly change my ship dates to the day after the date I choose. For instance, I got 3 orders today which I will be shipping on October 15th, as the 14th is an American holiday. One order, printed earlier today,  shows my chosen ship date of October 15th. The other two orders, printed moments ago, show October 16th, even though I chose the 15th. Even when I voided the labels and tried again, it would not print out as October 15th.

In the almost 2 years I have been running my store, this has never happened before. It first occurred about 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a fluke and ignored it. But after it happened twice today, I knew I had serious issue on my hands.

Customer service has not been helpful, so I'm hoping someone here might have an answer.

Thanks in advance for any support you can offer. :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
179 22 39

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for getting in touch about this issue - it certainly seems peculiar. I'm sorry to hear that you've not found help from our support team but I will be happy to take a look at this for you in more detail.

First of all, can you please confirm to me what timezone you and your business are located in? Can you also confirm to me what timezone you see set in Settings > General?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
705 0 56

I am in the Eastern time zone; New York to be exact.

This is also the time zone I have set in my store.

Thank you :)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
705 0 56

So, after almost 2 years of printing shipping labels with Shopify, I find I can no longer do something as simple as choose my own ship date, without the system choosing the day after.

I have placed at least 5 or 6 calls to Shopify about this problem and all I got was an e-mail response in broken english about setting my store to UTC time. Seriously, what’s the purpose of having the option to set your store’s time zone if you’re told to set it to UTC because Shopify’s system is set to UTC? And FYI, choosing UTC displays the day after when I go to print labels. For instance, when I went to print a label today, October 17th, it said “Ship today, October 18.” So, had I wanted to ship out a package today, as I often do, I would not have been able to because the date was wrong.

To make matters worse, I was told that last night’s downtime would address the issue as others were supposedly having the same problem. Seriously, why is this issue not fixed yet? And why can’t I speak to a supervisor or someone from the tech department, rather than some woman from a call center who I can barely understand?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
179 22 39

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for providing more context behind this issue and I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had contacting our support team thus far. I'd be happy to take a closer look at this for you to see if I can find the source of the issue, so I will be sending an email shortly to touch base with you and find out more. If I am unable to solve the problem I can look at potentially sending this to our technical team for further investigation.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes