Shopify Default Payment Method

Solved
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hello there

I have just set up a shopify store, and I have seen that there is a payment method by default at the checkout page.

To which account will the money go if a customer made a purchase through this default method? should I link my bank account to the store? could the money be transferred to my Paypal account?

Have a good one

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
511 45 69

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Akhayyat!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I believe you're referring to PayPal, as PayPal is one of Shopify’s default payment providers. As soon as you open a store, you're given a PayPal Express Checkout account with the email you used to sign up for your Shopify store. Before you can collect payments for orders made with PayPal, you need to set up your account. Here is a link to our Help Center with some information on setting up your PayPal account.

Just in case there is another payment method that you're referring to, would you mind replying to this post and sharing some screenshots with me? If you could share the following screenshots, that would be awesome!

• Screenshot of your Settings> Payment Providers section of the admin
  • Screenshot of your checkout page

Please be sure to crop or blur out any sensitive information that may be included in the above screenshots, as I just need to see what payment methods are active on the account at this time.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hey Ash

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry I got confused, I was activating the Bogus method xD

Again, thanks for your feedback Ash,

Have a good one

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ash!

I see that my default is Google Pay. And I am wanting Pay Pal as my default.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
511 45 69

Hey, @Akhayyat!

No worries at all, I'm glad you were able to get that sorted out! Feel free to reply back here if you have any further questions regarding your payment gateways. You can also contact our team any time if you find yourself needing assistance in other Shopify-related areas. Best regards! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
511 45 69

Hey, @retromagpiellc!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

When referring to the default payment method, are you referring to the first payment method that appears at checkout? In order to help out, I'll need to get a bit more information first. Could you please send me some screenshots to help explain exactly what you're referring to, and what you'd like to achieve? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello:

I am trying to use Shopify payments.

I had it enabled, and I disabled it because wanted to change the banking information (I didnt see anywhere under "manage" where I could change the deposit information). Now, it no longer appears on the list of payments; paypal is the first option.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
4 0 0

I spoke to someone and they said that I may not be able to use shopify payments because I hit disable; I didn't think it would permanently remove it. This is frustrating.

0 Likes