Shopify Inaccurate Listing of USPS Priority Mail as 1-2 Days instead of 1-3 Days

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 29

We offer Priority mail service via USPS via Shopify's Shipping Zones and rates. Shopify is showing our customers this service incorrectly as:

Priority Mail (1 to 2 business days):

Our customers are getting really upset since it's NOT 1 to 2 business days. It's actually 1 to 3 business days!

As you can clearly see from USPS's own website: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

The top of that page states specifically:

Priority Mail 1-3 Business Days

I opened a support ticket about this issue and received this response:

"These rates are actually pulled directly from the USPS database and we have zero control over how the names are displayed"

I believe this is false info. All USPS provides is rates. They do not respond with Priority Mail (1 to 2 business days)

Please correct this misinformation asap. It's causing A LOT of customer dissatisfaction!

Alex Brecher http://Store.BariatricPal.com BariatricPal Store: Save Money on Bariatric Food, Vitamins & Nutrients
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
64 0 12

Hi there,

I'm Jon, a Shopify Guru.

There actually is a way to edit the estimated arrival times in Shopify!

To do that, go to Online Store -> Themes, hit the three dots on the right, then "Edit Language."  From there, select "Checkout & System" from the list of options at the top (you might have to hit the three dots to see a few more options).

This is all the language for the Checkout.  If you scroll down, you'll find the "Checkout System Estimated Delivery Date" section.  There, you can edit the times, or you can remove any estimates completely.

To remove them, just put a single space in both those fields.  That way, it won't display any estimates.  There's also an "estimated delivery date range" just above that section, which you might want to edit too!

This screenshot has the sections I mean.

I hope that helps!  All the best!

-Jon
Shopify Guru

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 0 29

Awesome!! That worked for me :-)

Alex Brecher http://Store.BariatricPal.com BariatricPal Store: Save Money on Bariatric Food, Vitamins & Nutrients
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I know I am a little late on this. However, I would like to know why are you only using Priority Mail for shipping and not Priority Express Mail? With Express Mail it would take overnight to 2 days, yes a bit costly but no harm having another option. Just need your experience and opinion.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Jon,

I am having the same problem, however I enabled 2 USPS shipping methods: priority and express. I can’t seem to have different Estimated delivery Dates for both. It’s always the same date. How do I input 2 different dates for the 2 shipping methods?
0 Likes