Shopify Payment Failed (banks use different writing system)

travelerspocket
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hello all, I am not sure if anyone can help directly. I live in Japan and have recently migrated my payments to be sent to my Japanese bank account. Initially it was fine, but I received a notification from Shopify that the name did on the bank account did not match my other information. This is because the bank would only accept my name in Katakana (one of the Japanese writing systems) and my real name is using English letters and this is how it shows up on all Identification. I originally reached out on Jan 31st to try and resolve it. The appropriate Shopify team was supposed to reach out to me (I did not hear from them). I attempted to resolve it on my end, but it does not seem to have worked. I have also been unable to update my payout information. I have reached out again a little over a week ago, and have been told I will receive an email eventually.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this, or if anyone from Shopify can provide some direct assistance that would be useful as I do not have access to the revenue from the store now.

Reply 1 (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @travelerspocket,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

What you've described here is account specific which we're unable to support on a public thread via the Shopify Community. That said, if you have created a ticket with our support already and our team has advised that it's been sent to the correct department then for sure it's being looked into. Our Shopify Payments team can help change the information you mentioned but depending on the request they may need to reach out to our banking partners or another department for assistance, which might be holding up the process slightly. 

I'd recommend replying to the open ticket/email you have with our support. Our Shopify Payments team should be in touch with you shortly but if not, do feel free to contact our support here and our live support can double-check this ticket with you. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog