Shopify Payment asking for photo ID but does not accept the upload

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there,

I have had messages asking me to upload photo ID to be able to carry on receiving Shopify payments to our online store but when I upload both a drivers license or passport picture, it repeatedly comes back with a 'The photo ID you uploaded was not valid' message.  I am uploading it in the requested JPeg file type and I've tried sending different sizes but nothing works. I am now worried that the payments function will stop working on the site. There is no information anywhere that tells me why it has not accepted the uploads. Can someone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having that same problem and have payments on hold, I am worried I will never get them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
I managed to send the ID by email in the end and the situation was sorted but it did take at least a month to rectify which is far too long!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can someone advise me why we have to upload the picture? I know it’s for ID but I’m just curious as to why this is needed? I’ll upload mine tomorrow!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi there @Emma94x!

Don here from Shopify.

In any situation where a company processes or facilitates the processing of real payments, there are laws and regulations in place which govern the provision of such services.

This means there are under certain obligations with regard to gathering info on those that use our services and what they use it for.

There's a bit more info on this and why it's required here on our help site that you can check out.

You can also refer to the Shopify Payments Terms of Service you would have agreed to upon activating that gateway (USA version linked here, let us know if this is not the most relevant info for your store).

I trust that clears up why this needs to happen somewhat, and look forward to helping you to take payments for your store!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have uploaded numerous id requests and none is working what can I do ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

This has put me into an endless loop......

I uploaded requested documents, payments are now on hold, and there is no way to contact Shopify (at least not one that will give a reasonable human response).

I'm supposed to sit here staring at the screen while waiting for a "Chat" to respond.

Shopify or someone is sitting on a lot of money.

RvonD_0-1603103895638.png

0 Likes