I just open a shop and based in Hong Kong, may I know we can use Shopify Default Payment in Hong Kong now? Or we still need to you Paypal or 3rd Party Payment Provider?
Can anyone advise?
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Ava here from Shopify :)
You can use Shopify Payments if you are based in Hong Kong! You can see a full list of payment gateway options available in Hong Kong here, but you are free to use Shopify Payments. Here are some handy links to get you set up!
As Shopify Payments lets the customer pay from within the checkout, but PayPal will ask the customer to complete their purchase on PayPal's site, you can actually use both payment gateways at the same time if you like! This is because you can only have one gateway active within the checkout at one time. But as PayPal directs the customer offsite, it is not active within the checkout. This means you can use PayPal alongside Shopify Payments to give your customers more options at the checkout.
Have you made much progress with your store so far?
I'd love to hear more!
Thanks so much. Actually I have setup the bank account in the Shopify Payment, and did a real transaction to test whether it is successful or not. The system told me that the payout would be ready on Jul 18, hope everything go smooth.
If Shopify Payment is okay to proceed in Hong Kong, hope it can be smoothly setup and ready in this week.
Oh, that's perfect! I'm glad to hear you were able to set everything up ok.
Do let me know if there are any other areas of your store you needed a hand with, or if you had any other questions at all. Happy to help!
I have certain questions about shopify after read the info from whopify official page.
1. May I know why shopify keeps listing Hong Kong is one of the forbidden using zone:
2. Our company going to attend the offline sales with shopify with shopify POS:
and firstly, any Hong Kong local authorized shopify reseller that we can source?
secondly, any quotation package options?
serious inquiry, wait for your helping asap!!!
Sure, I'll go through your queries one by one below:
1. This link directs to a page of prohibited businesses in each region where Shopify Payments is available. So Shopify Payments is available in Hong Kong, but there is a list of financial and professional services that the Shopify Payments gateway cannot support. If you click on the Hong Kong link:
You will be brought to a list of prohibited businesses here. If your business is related to anything on this list, then you will need to use another gateway than Shopify Payments.
2. At the moment, Point of Sale (POS) is not currently available to merchants using Shopify Payments in Hong Kong. You can still use the POS services, you'll just need to purchase an external card reader. There are several vendors you can buy from! You can find an external terminal provider anywhere in the world, and because the payment is processed outside of Shopify, you don't have to set up a specific payment provider in your Shopify admin. I'd recommend reaching out to your local bank to check if they can point you in the right direction with regards to sourcing a card reader that suits your business.
The disadvantages of an external terminal are that you need an account with your terminal provider and that Shopify shows the payment status of an order but not any transaction details.
3. With regards to pricing, there are currently two POS pricing plans: POS Lite and POS Pro. The Lite plan is free, and the Pro plan costs $89 USD per location per month. It would be your choice on which plan suits your business best! There is a list of all the features of both plans here so you can decide which plan you will need for your store.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Social Care | help.shopify.com