Shopify Payment in Hong Kong

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I just open a shop and based in Hong Kong, may I know we can use Shopify Default Payment in Hong Kong now? Or we still need to you Paypal or 3rd Party Payment Provider?

Can anyone advise?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Ego_Lau!

Ava here from Shopify :)

You can use Shopify Payments if you are based in Hong Kong! You can see a full list of payment gateway options available in Hong Kong here, but you are free to use Shopify Payments. Here are some handy links to get you set up!

Shopify Payments Requirements

* Setting up Shopify Payments

* How to configure Shopify Payments

* Getting paid for your orders

As Shopify Payments lets the customer pay from within the checkout, but PayPal will ask the customer to complete their purchase on PayPal's site, you can actually use both payment gateways at the same time if you like! This is because you can only have one gateway active within the checkout at one time. But as PayPal directs the customer offsite, it is not active within the checkout. This means you can use PayPal alongside Shopify Payments to give your customers more options at the checkout. 

Have you made much progress with your store so far? 

I'd love to hear more!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ava,

Thanks so much. Actually I have setup the bank account in the Shopify Payment, and did a real transaction to test whether it is successful or not. The system told me that the payout would be ready on Jul 18, hope everything go smooth.

If Shopify Payment is okay to proceed in Hong Kong, hope it can be smoothly setup and ready in this week.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Oh, that's perfect! I'm glad to hear you were able to set everything up ok.

Do let me know if there are any other areas of your store you needed a hand with, or if you had any other questions at all. Happy to help!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes