Solved

Is it necessary to set up both PayPal and other payment options?

Nick06
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm asking this due to not seeing an answer to this and figured I'd get a better response from the community.  When I first set up my store, the person who did it for me set up only the paypal option, and also informed me that I don't have to set up the shopify payments option, I'm wondering if that's true or if it's even better to set up the shopify payments and have the paypal option also.  I appreciate the replies in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nick06,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Great question! It's your own preference really. If Shopify Payments is available in your location as mentioned in here and here, then you are welcome to connect with both Paypal and Shopify Payments. This would offer your customer an internal payment option that's available at the Shopify checkout, rather than being brought to a third party checkout such as Paypal. Shopify Payments offers lower rates too, and not third party payment fees will apply as mentioned in this guide

Would you like to offer both gateways? Where are you located? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nick06,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query!

Great question! It's your own preference really. If Shopify Payments is available in your location as mentioned in here and here, then you are welcome to connect with both Paypal and Shopify Payments. This would offer your customer an internal payment option that's available at the Shopify checkout, rather than being brought to a third party checkout such as Paypal. Shopify Payments offers lower rates too, and not third party payment fees will apply as mentioned in this guide

Would you like to offer both gateways? Where are you located? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog