Shopify Payments Denied. I am a store selling prescription products / medical products

novice
Excursionist
59 0 6

Hello. I am a physician. I am creating a store in which I sell both supplements and prescription products. I am offering consultations (doctor apppointments) in which if a patient is qualified, they can receive a prescription for a medical product. Shopify has denied me use of their payment system (for medical services) and I do not know what to use as a payment gateway now. I am not only selling prescription products but also regular products such as supplements. I am wanting set up a payment gateway that works in two ways. This is due to the fact that the products that require a prescription can only be sold to those patients who have a prescription for the product. I can only allow for patients who have a prescription to be able to purchase prescription products. But I will also sell supplements, which anyone can purchase. I am trying to have it set up where, once a patient receives a prescription, only then they can purchase that specific medical product. And only at "x'' amount of quantities. How can I go about doing this? And what payment gateway should I use? Thanks.

0 Likes
RyanDuckland
Tourist
14 0 1

As I understand, you are going to provide consultations online and sell medicine through your store? Wouldn't it be easier to create an app to provide this services

0 Likes
OliveFox
Tourist
6 1 0

I think creating an app is a great idea. But you need to think about the main functions of the app. Too complicated apps will be hard to use, and you will lose a lot of possible users. You can make something like an express online consultation with a doctor. Besides, for some people it is easier to download an app and check there, instead of going to a hospital, wait in a queue and talk to a real doctor. However, I’m not sure if you need a license to prescribe medicine online. Also, you can check read this article https://datica.com/blog/what-are-the-hipaa-cloud-compliance-options-for-healthcare They have a lot of great ideas.

0 Likes