Shopify Payments Disabled - Can I Re-enable Them?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I made a website to sell vape, CBD, and kratom products. My website has and continues to be in test mode. I received an email from Shopify saying Shopify Payments have been disabled due to the aforementioned items being high risk.

If I choose to no longer sell those items (again, my website isn't even live yet), can Shopify Payments be re-enabled for my store?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 40

Hey there,

If you have added CBD products to your store with Shopify Payments, you will not be able to re-enable Shopify Payments. These are considered Pharmaceuticals and Pseudo Pharmaceuticals products, and stores can not be reviewed for reconsideration even if the products have been removed. You can find full details on our Shopify Payments Terms of Service.

You'll need to choose a different payment gateway for your store for selling CBD products, and you can check out a list of the payment gateways available to you by clicking your country right here.

I hope this helps!

Freddie

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Okay. If I cancel my current shop account and make a new one, will Shopify Payments be available to me (assuming my products don't conflict with Shopify's T&Cs again)? Or is the email I used for the store permanently flagged?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey!

That's so frustrating! We hear about that happening so often. If you'd like to continue selling those products - We are a US based merchant services provider and are taking proactive action to help businesses like yours not be without credit card processing! If you have any questions or need any assistance when it comes to getting your merchant account back up and running please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly: austin@payhubpayments.com. We integrate with Shopify.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 40

Hey, @bhenry, sorry for the late response here!

Yes, you can certainly create a new account with the same email address and use Shopify Payments. Just be sure that you don't add any pharmaceutical products to get flagged again and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Freddie

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Bhenry,

Selling CBD oil via your Shopify website is not a problem. As the representative explained, CBD is prohibited via the Shopify Payment processing platform. Therefore, you need to choose an alternative payment gateway and processor to comply with both Shopify policy and federal law. 

I personally work with three UK-based payment processors each of whom are approved by Shopify to offer credit card processing. We've never ran into a problem.  You can be up and running inside of 5 business days.

Out of respect for other Shopify developers who may offer a similar product, I'll kindly keep this post brief. Simply call me or send an email if you need more information.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Web Developer | An Approved Google Engage Digital Marketing Agency

(303) 257-4484

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
502 29 783

Hi @bhenry,

Please refer to this link which will answer questions related to selling CBD products outside of the United States.

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 

0 Likes