Shopify Payments: SP name not changing

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

My store name used to be Malestore, with payments from shopify this was like SP Malestore. I changed this to SP MothersQueen a few weeks ago, but when I make a test payment with IDEAL  it says SP Malestore including my personal name in large letters "Ivo van Veghel in the end proces of the payment. I have deactivated and reactivated Shopify payments several times. Hopefully someone can solve something is not good with Shopify Payments. 

- Malestore has to be deleted and replaced by MothersQueen
- Ivo van Veghel has to be deleted completly 

Old name Malestore.JPG

Hopefully someone has a solution :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hey, @ivovanveghel!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

If you have signed up as a sole proprietor/self-employed, then iDEAL will display your personal name on the customer redirect. It is not possible to prevent your personal name from showing, due to strict iDEAL requirements. However, I can certainly escalate your new business name to our financial team and they can update it for you. 

In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Lulu,

We have a similair issue, can you please help/email us?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @Jdries.

Thank you for joining the thread. I would love to help you out further, I will just need to verify your account first. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Lulu,

Can you please help me with this? we did not receive an email yet so we dont had a chance to change the name at checkout...

Many thanks, much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @Jdries.

Thanks for reaching out again. I have sent another email to the email address attached to your forums account so can you check again, please? Be sure to check your junk/spam folder in case it has gone in there. I will need you to reply and confirm some security questions about your store in order to continue. 

Thank you,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Lulu, could you help me on this as well? I don't want my personal name linked to an iDEAL payment. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @YasmineArabella.

Thank you for joining in. At the moment, it is not possible to prevent your personal name from showing, due to strict iDEAL requirements. However, I can escalate your business name to our financial team and they can add it to show along with your personal name. Would you like to go ahead with this? 

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Lulu,

Yes, please.

I've contacted iDEAL and they stated their policy actually restricts
personal data to be shown during payment and that is a problem caused by
Shopify's implementation of iDEAL. So iDEAL is saying it's a problem caused
by Shopify and Shopify is saying it's a problem caused by iDEAL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @YasmineArabella.

Thanks for getting back to me. That seems very strange, would you have screenshots of that conversation and I can bring them to our financial team to check over. In the meantime, I will verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can escalate to our team to add your business name.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes