Shopify Payments (Stripe) Vs PayPal?

Highlighted
Excursionist
110 0 4
Hello I wanted to know which is better and or more secure among merchants and customers. I know PayPal has more options for customers to checkout. Shopify Payments (Stripe) Vs PayPal. Which do you prefer and why. I do like PayPal but I don’t think I trust there backend. Always didn’t like their customer service either. Something about it just doesn’t sit well with me.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1067 103 250

Hey there, @skytowner11 

Bo here from Shopify Support

That is a really great question. The main benefit that Shopify Payments would have over PayPal is that when you use Shopify Payments you will not incur transaction fees. Our transaction fees per plan can be viewed on our plan page and are applied to all stores that do not use Shopify Payments. This fee is to cover the maintenance and upkeep of the third party gateways. That said, you can actually use PayPal and Shopify Payments in tandem, giving your customer the option to choose between the two. 

As popular as PayPal is, some customers will not have PayPal accounts. Giving them the option of checking out using their card or their PayPal account will help you maximize your conversions, customers love having a choice. Using the gateways in tandem like this will also prevent you from being charged transaction fees. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes