Shopify Payments To Ireland

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Folks,

I live in Ireland. I am just about to setup a Shopify store, mainly selling in the US using Facebook Ads. I would like to know the answer to one question:

If I sell a product on my Shopify store in say, the US on Wednesday, how long will it take for the money to appear in my Irish bank account?
With this facebook CBO, you would need to spend $100 a day on Facebook ads. That is $700 a week. I will not be able to do this if the money does not appear in my account in time.

I would like to know what budget to use. it will all depend on my cash flow from Shopify. Can anybody help me with the info I need?
Thanks Folks
Danny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 89 320

Hey, @Daniel_Murphy!

Great question! 

To directly answer the question and example; the funds would be transferred to your bank on the following Monday if the order came in on Wednesday. When using Shopify Payments in Ireland, you will see your payouts transferred in 3 business days. The transfer process is when we send the funds, and would not include the processing time your bank may add; however, most banks will deposit your funds within 24-48 hours of receiving the funds. It's important to note that funds will not be transferred on the weekend, or public holidays (includes holidays from where the funds are being transferred from, and where they are being transferred to). In addition, 3 business days only applies to Shopify Payments as other payment providers may have different payout schedules. If you are not using Shopify Payments then you will want to reach out to your payment provider to inquire about their payout schedule.  

May I ask what brought you to need a $700/week budget for marketing when you're just starting out? Have you considered how to increase your organic reach before investing in paid ads?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes