Shopify Payments Verification - Risk Operations support not up to scratch

GW192
3 0 0

We are an NZ-based publicly listed company on the stock exchange and launched a new shopify website, using Shopify payments.

We went through the verification process and uploaded our company register documents from the New Zealand Companies Office, as this is not owned by a person a Photo ID is not applicable.

We were instructed to contact Shopify Support and did on 25th March 2021, receiving the following response:

"Thank you for recently reaching out to our Support Team. This message is to confirm that your issue has been successfully escalated to Shopify's Risk Operations Team.
All escalations are reviewed and an Analyst will reach out to you in the next 48-72 hours.
Please note that Shopify’s Risk Operations Team is operational Monday to Friday.
We’d like to thank you for your patience during this time and we would like to assure you that your ticket will be treated as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Shopify’s Risk Operations Team"

It's now been 2 months and we still have not been contacted by Shopify's Risk Operations team!!

I have been emailing support weekly trying to get updates, and we get the same message:

"But I can confirm that it has been escalated on this ticket and is with the only team that can resolve this issue. Having said that they are unable to give an ETA for this and it can take some time as with the current tax season this is causing delays. But rest assured the team are working through this as fast as possible and they will get back you on this as soon as they have a chance."

This really is unacceptable for a business to provide a payment service, accept payments then now allow us access to the money, then expect us to wait patiently indefinitely.

All we are after is some clarity as to what documentation is required? Has anyone else in New Zealand been in this situation and can provide any further details?

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
877 99 156

Hi @GW192,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I completely empathize with your frustration. For context: when dealing with finance and verification, Shopify is also reliant on its business and banking partners. This may sometimes slow processes down, especially when we experience a high volume of cases. I've flagged your comment with the Risk team and you should receive an email from them shortly!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes