Shopify Payments account is on hold

Abba
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I have a problem. On my dashboard I see.

"Your Shopify Payments account is on hold.

Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments."

Nobody has reached out to me to try and get any information and all my efforts to get help have been futile

Please what can I do to rectify this problem?

Replies 7 (7)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Abba 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I will be reaching out to you via email directly to authenticate you as the owner of the account and get the appropriate team to look into this and update this for you. I will need you to respond to that email directly confirming the myshopify.com address of your store as well as some other authentication information as per my email instructions and I will then be able to see what is going on with your account.

When it comes to account-sensitive issues such as refunds it is best to reach out to our support team directly. When on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. At the moment our staffing is a little reduced due to the holiday season so you are best to reach out via live chat or social media as opposed to email.

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. You are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook.

Speak Soon,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Janiecelee
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I am having the same issue as well. Can you please help me figure this out

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Janiecelee 

Apologies for the delay in my response. I can see that you got in touch with our live support team as per my recommendation in my last comment, that's great. Rest assured our team is working as hard as they can at the moment to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. The first place you will get an update is that email on ticket 21578876. As we do not have access to your account here in social support so please keep an eye out there for any information. We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.

Of course, if there is anything else I can help with, in the meantime, please just let me know!

All the Best,

Bo

amd1721
4 0 0

My account has been on hold for 3 days now. I have not received any emails regarding ID verification requests etc, and the banners are very vague. There is no way to contact ANYONE and I'm getting extremely frustrated with this site. 

PLEASE HELP

amd1721_0-1612752611435.png

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @amd1721 

When it comes to account-sensitive issues such as refunds it is best to reach out to our support team directly. When on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. At the moment our staffing is a little reduced due to the holiday season so you are best to reach out via live chat or social media as opposed to email.

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video.

All the Best,

Bo 

Dream_Big
5 0 0

Hi, 

I seen a community post where you were give information about why Shopify Payments accounts were on hold and I was hoping you could help with that. I wanted to open my store today but I have been seeing a orange message on my home screen  regrading my Shopify payments. If you could get back with me as soon as possible  I would greatly appreciate it. 

Dream_Big_0-1612966834765.png

Speak soon!! 

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there. @Dream_Big 

Every Shopify Payments account is subject to review at some stage. This is so that our banking partners can authenticate that the details you have provided are legitimate and that your business is one that conforms to our terms of service. 

To give you more specific information about your review in particular, such as what documents we may need from you, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the Best,

Bo