Shopify Payments & Security Metrics

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I have to complete a questionnaire for Security Metrics and they are asking if Shopify Payments are direct payments or transfer and redirect to another party.

Can anyone answer this for me please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 63 88

Hello, @MandyB.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

While Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, Shopify fully support this payment gateway in-house. Shopify Payments is a direct payment for customers and they process their orders directly through our checkout. The payouts to our merchants are considered direct as it is paid directly into our merchant’s bank accounts. Although this can vary on the payout statement, most of our payout descriptors would say “Shopify”. In the United Kingdom or Ireland it would say, “Earthport PLC Shopify”.

It is important to note, that our banking partners are able to review transactions and payouts as well. For further clarification on this, I recommend taking a look at our Payments Terms of Service.  

I am also including our Shopify Payments FAQ in case you have more questions for your Security Metrics. Our Shopify Payments FAQ includes many of our merchant’s commonly asked questions, and is a great place to find more details. 

Let me know if this helps! If you have any further questions on this topic, feel free to reply to this thread. - Elias

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes