Shopify Payments and payouts on hold

AlleenSneakers
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, my name is Sabry. For a couple of days, I have opened a new site selling Limited sneakers. I have been getting orders, however, Shopify has put a hold on my payouts. They are asking me to provide documentation that proves I am an authorized reseller. They want me to include documentation that comes directly from Nike and Yeezy, which is absolutely ridiculous. Reselling has been a thing for years and totally legal. I am NOT a retailer. I resell the products based on market prices. Now my payouts are on hold and I can't get paid out in these harsh times.

I don't mind changing to an alternative payment provider. I just want to make sure I get my payouts that are on hold at shopify payments now. Please help

Replies 7 (7)

Ibrahimboukkoba
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem , can anyone help me to get my payout !!! I contact the support by Email with all information + My identity. 

please help me to get my payout !!!

they told me the standard review take 3 days but right now it’s take more than 5 days with no reply 

tearose2
Tourist
8 0 2

My payouts have been on hold since December 11. I have contacted customer support twice and both times have been told I'm in the queue for a "routine" review and they are working as quickly as they can. Shopify, if you don't have the peoplepower to do these reviews in a timely fashion, you should not be reviewing as many accounts.  I know it's a challenging time to run your business, and it certainly is for me, too. I may be small potatoes in the whole scheme of things, but with a husband layed-off due to COVID, those dollars matter. 

I've been a customer of Shopify since 2013. I've have referred others to Shopify over the years, have helped other small entrepreneurs design and setup their sites, and am currently helping one young man get his site ready to launch. For the first time ever, I am having doubts about this platform. 

swt
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

They have blocked my client's payment and disabled shopify payment for regular furniture and home decor products by saying that it is risky products. They have hold payment for 120 days which is unacceptable, no one holds payment for such a long period. Payment is around $900 and now my client is in a bad situation they just saying copy-paste reply like we have this..this..this policy and we need to hold it.
We were very excited to be a Shopify partner but after this incident, we have stopped recommending Shopify as the solution to our clients.

Archyv1
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hey dude,  not sure if you already solved your issues BUT hopefully someone comes around and sees this reply. BUT Shopify knows what a sneaker resell shop is all they want to make sure of is if it's real sneakers. I would show them your consignor list, all the receipts of shoes you bought at the retail price and all that prove. 

If you need more help with this let me know, I'm over at Trace and we help sneaker stores with this all the time. 

Sam_ufw
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, how can I reach out to you. I have the same problem and have to provide documents to show that i am an authorized reseller. 

AlleenSneakers
Visitor
2 0 1
You have to ask for your money and use another payment provider. Shopify Payments doesn’t allow you if you don’t have the documents. I used Mollie (i am from the netherlands).
Sam_ufw
Visitor
2 0 0

denk je dat ik genoeg heb aan receipts van nike en inkoopverklaring voor marge goederen/2e hands producten? als je me een DM kan sturen op uniquefootwearnl via insta zou ik t waarderen. moet zelf nog switchen naar mollie dan namelijk. En hoorde van anderen dat ze zelfs met mollie alsnog dit probleem hadden.