Shopify Payments for Company LLC

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have created a company LLC in USA and I have EIN, but I am not an american citizen.

Can I use Shopify Payments in my store ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Engineer4.

This is Martha from the Shopify Guru Team. 

Shopify Payments is available based on the location of your business. At the moment, Shopify Payments is available to Australia, Canada, Ireland & UK. This means your business is registered in this country, operating from that country with a physical address and bank account in that country.  

If you put in your business address in your Admin under Settings > General > Store address, the available payment gateways will be shown here Settings > Payments > Select provider

• Review your payment gateway availability here as well.
  • More details about the Shopify Payments payment gateway available in this doc.
  • The Shopify Payments Terms of Conditions are listed here if you're interested in reviewing them before choosing your gateway. 

If you (or anyone else reading this) have any more question about please let us know! We're also available over email support@shopify.com if you'd like to chat some more about specifics of your account. 

Best, 
Martha

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you Martha.

For Stripe, I didn't find it in the list of providers !

Is Stripe not allowed in USA !?

Best regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Engineer4!

Martha, from the Shopify Team again. 

Shopify Payments is a gateway powered by Stripe. So, in countries where Shopify Payments is available, this automatically takes the place of Stripe. Shopify Payments offers competitive processing rates, in-house support, financial reports, and much more. 

If there are some specific reasons why you would want to use Stripe, feel free to send us an email (support@shopify.com) so we can discuss things for your shop.

You might also find this FAQ about Shopify Payments useful in making your decision!

Best, 
Martha

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi martha, We applied for an LLC and EIN in US. So if we change the address on our settings we can see the shopify payment and activate it. How about the verification of shopify in our address is it ok that we are from other country and our LLC and EIN is in the US. Is there any conflict in that?

Thank you for answering.

0 Likes