Solved

Shopify Payments for Stores Based in Israel

Michelle_PY
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello,

Israel does not show up in the list of supported countries for using Shopify Payments.

Is there any estimation as to when it will be supported? Any future plans?

Thanks in advance,
Michelle.

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@Michelle_PY 

Not a stupid question at all! If you only have Paypal enabled in Settings/Payment Providers then yes, you are correct, your customers can only pay through Paypal. The third-party payment providers available for your region are payment providers that are able to support your local currency (and other currencies), along with verifying your business through their own means. Whether or not it provides your customers with a means to pay via credit card will depend on which payment provider you select. You will be able to sell to both local and international customers; however, keep in mind that you can only sell in one default currency. Meaning that if you suspect that the majority of your customers will be local, then you'll want to sell in your local currency. Whereas, if you suspect the majority of your customers will be in the United States, then you'd want to sell in USD. The conversion would be handled by the customers' bank at the time of purchase. 

Does that help clear up your questions?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hi, @Michelle_PY

Thank you for expressing interest in getting Shopify Payments launched in Israel. I'm afraid I do not have any news on when, or if we'll be able to launch Shopify Payments in your region; however, it is something our teams continue to review. We are always working on launching Shopify Payments into new countries, so I am hopeful that we'll be able to do so in the future! In the meantime, you do have a number of payment providers available for Israel which can be viewed on our payment provider page. Depending on the type of business you have will ultimately determine if these payment providers will be able to support your business. I'd recommend researching each one and reaching out to them directly to discuss what they offer to help you decide if they'll be the right fit for your business. 

Michelle_PY
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the honest answer.

I do have a follow up (maybe stupid) question.
My store currently accepts only PayPal, so that means my customers can only pay using their PayPal account, right?
So, what will setting up a third-party payment provider (that is supported in Israel) do for me?
1. Will it enable my "Israeli-based" store to provide my customers (including non-Israeli ones) a way to pay by providing their credit card?
or
2. Will it enable me to sell to Israeli customers?

I'm pretty sure the answer is #1 but still wanted your confirmation 🙂

Thanks!
Michelle.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@Michelle_PY 

Not a stupid question at all! If you only have Paypal enabled in Settings/Payment Providers then yes, you are correct, your customers can only pay through Paypal. The third-party payment providers available for your region are payment providers that are able to support your local currency (and other currencies), along with verifying your business through their own means. Whether or not it provides your customers with a means to pay via credit card will depend on which payment provider you select. You will be able to sell to both local and international customers; however, keep in mind that you can only sell in one default currency. Meaning that if you suspect that the majority of your customers will be local, then you'll want to sell in your local currency. Whereas, if you suspect the majority of your customers will be in the United States, then you'd want to sell in USD. The conversion would be handled by the customers' bank at the time of purchase. 

Does that help clear up your questions?

ilaial
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I would like to know if there is an update in regards to shopify payments availability in Israel, as this post was 4 years ago. If there is a possibility to access it from israel in any form then It would be of tremendous help to me. For context - I am physically located in Israel but have businesses both in Israel and the US, so if there is any way I could use shopify payments it would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead,

Ilai

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hi @ilaial,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

As it currently stands, Shopify Payments is not yet currently offered in Israel. We hope to expand this in the future, but can look to our list of third-party payment providers for the time being. Shopify has integrated with over 100 different payment gateways to allow you to continue accepting credit cards online. To learn more, you can check out this Guide

Blair | Shopify