Shopify Payments not showing even with UK

Solved
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

I have recently opened a Shopify store, though can not see the Shopify payment option apart from the below. I am based out of the UAE, of which I am aware Shopify Payments is not supported here. I do have a Personal UK account I would like to use to start sending and receiving payments, but I can't seem to have an option to do that. I am also in the process of opening up a company in the UK with a business account to be able to sell online. What are my solutions? Please help.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 12.05.30.png

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 25 57

Hey, @avsit!

Ava here from Shopify.

Can I ask if you have the United Kingdom set as the default address in your admin under Settings > General? Or do you have UAE? The payment gateway options you will see under Settings > Payment Providers will be determined by the address you list under your general settings. If you have UAE listed as your location, then you will only see the options available there. Could you take a look and let me know what your settings currently are? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ava,

It seemed to have worked. You are star, thank you!

Avin

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 25 57

Oh, great! I'm glad it's working for you now!

Just some extra info for setting up Shopify Payments: You will need to ensure you have a valid UK issued passport or driver's license. We would also reserve the right to ask for more business documents if needed (documents registered within the UK/tracking info for shipping) as per the Shopify Payments Terms of Service.

We also have a more general guide here for setting up Shopify Payments. I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ava,

Regarding the UK issued passport, what do you mean exactly? Are Europeans with a UK bank account not allowed to use Shopify payments?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 25 57

Thanks for the response here! Generally speaking, we require a physical presence in the country you would like to use Shopify Payments from. So for this case, as you would like to use Shopify Payments in the UK, a UK passport/ID would be ideal. However, this is taken on a case by case basis! If you do not have a UK passport, you could also submit your UAE passport as well as your other documents to be considered for using Shopify Payments.

I've touched base with our Financial Services team about this for you. They have let me know they will reach out to the email account linked to your Forums account here to send you more information on using Shopify Payments. 

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
3 0 0

I currently have the same problem and I cannot find out why shopify payments is not even showing as an option? Please help 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 12.05.30.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
473 25 57

Hi, @Emanae

You may not be in a region where Shopify Payments is available. Can I ask what country you have set in the admin under Settings > General?

Let me know!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me! I am based in New Zealand.
0 Likes