Shopify Payments not showing even with UK

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Thanks for confirming! If you are in New Zealand and have New Zealand listed as your address in the admin section, then Shopify Payments should show up for you. I'd like to take a closer look at this for you now though! I have sent an email to the account attached to your Shopify Community account here. If you could reply to that email with some more information, I can take a look at the back-end of your account. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you! 

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify team!

Recently I created a Shopify store and faced some problems with activating my Shopify Payements. I am resident of Kazakhstan, but I also use to live in China and now I am in Colombia, so I have a bank accounts of all of these countries. I tried to change store address in Settings as you were mention before, but Shopify Payments still didn't appear.

What can I do in this situation? 

Hope you can help me solve this problem.

Regards, Denis Petrov

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Hi, @petrogeneral,

I'm afriad Shopify Payments is not available in either Colombia, China or Kazakhstan at the moment. Here is a list of countries where Shopify Payments is available. The payment gateway you need to use would be for the country you are physically living in. So if you are currently living in Colombia, you would need to use a payment gateway available in Colombia. You can see those on this list here

While we would not have a specific timeline for when Shopify Payments will be available in those countries, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi!

@Ava wrote:

Hey, @avsit!

Ava here from Shopify.

Can I ask if you have the United Kingdom set as the default address in your admin under Settings > General? Or do you have UAE? The payment gateway options you will see under Settings > Payment Providers will be determined by the address you list under your general settings. If you have UAE listed as your location, then you will only see the options available there. Could you take a look and let me know what your settings currently are? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you!

Ava

Social Care

I'm having the same problem. Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi Denis @petrogeneral 
May I know which country is your entity related to your website? This information will determine whether I can give you some suggestions or not? As you want successful integration with the third party payment providers, your entity country is very important. 
BTW, if you have a Chinese Company, we be able to help you with your payment. let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Hi, @Otuwan!

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue. Did you follow the troubleshooting steps in my original message? Could you let me know what address you have listed under Settings > General of the admin? 

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ava,

I'm from the Philippines. Can I change it to United States/UK?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 26 75

Thanks for confirming! Shopify Payments is not available in the Philippines at the moment. It is only available as a gateway in the following countries:

25-32-yo6z3-ac7w4

I'm afraid as Shopify Payments is only available in these areas currently, you would not be able to use it from the Philippines; this includes changing your address in the admin in order to use the gateway. Shopify Payments is closely monitored by our internal Financial Services team, they conduct routine checks to ensure all of our merchants are following the requirements for using the gateway. This includes physically living in a country where the gateway is available.

Creating an integration for a payment gateway into a country can sometimes take a lot of time. This is because we must work alongside the government and financial institutions of a country to come to an agreement regarding commerce and trade in that specific country. Integrating new ones is a lengthy process, but we do hope to vastly expand the areas in which Shopify Payments is available. While we would not have a specific timeline for when that will happen, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

In the meantime, you can take a look here at a list of payment gateways available in the Philippines right now. I'm sure you can find a gateway there that suits your business!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to chat!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes