Shopify Payments to Qualify to sell Brand Name products which you are Authorize to sell online?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have an IT busines which includes selling popular manufacture products like: MSI, ASUS, Samsung, Western Digital and more. I purchase these products locally to ful-fill orders for local clients needing hardware. I'm a System Builder and partner with Microsoft, Intel and AMD. This vendor whom I purchase has been the bread and butter of my business since 1992. 

My goal is to use my online Shopify store to sell hardware and complete systems. I am even considering the option of promoting CCTV systems as well. 

However, about two months ago I was told I need to get approval to sell these products online with this merchant account. I don't understand how to go about doing this. Is there a template letter in which to be used to send to my vendor and have maybe my sales representative there to complete it out and fill it for me and submit it or what?

Maybe someone on here understands my question and can tell me how to go about doing this, as I would love to offer these products out on my store and use Google Shopping and Bing to promote these products.

Can someone help me on this quest?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

If your issue is in relation to your Shopify Payments account, then it sounds like you're being asked for authorized reseller status. This means documentation from any brands you carry showing you have permission to resell products that use their intellectual property/branding. What I recommend is referring directly back to the email correspondence that you received and respond to it with any questions you might have, as the team dealing with Shopify Payments eligibility is specialized in that matter and will be happy to help. Something important to note is Shopify Payments is simply one of many payment providers one can avail of in order to continue selling on Shopify. If one is not able to avail of Shopify Payments (for any reason), they might continue selling by simply switching to a different payment provider

I hope this helps and gives you guidance on next steps. Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes