Shopify Payments - what happened?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Set up shop over last couple of days. Had Shopify Payments. Then decided to sell only in USA (I'm in UK). Was instructed to deactivate Shopify Payments in order to change currency displayed to USD. Did so and now Shopify Payments is not available. I've no payment providers activated. How can I get Shopify Payments re-activated?

TIA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi, Mark!

Ted here from Shopify. Hope you're having a great day. :-) 

To reactivate Shopify Payments, you will need to switch your currency back to GBP. It's not possible at the moment to switch currency with Shopify Payments unless you are based in that currency's location. More information can be found here if you would like to take a look.

If you would prefer to sell in USD, you're more than welcome to do so, however, you would need to choose a different payment gateway. There are quite a few options to choose from, which are listed in this guide if you would like to take a look. 

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info!

Happy selling!   
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks - figured that would be the case. Is there a way simply to display prices in USD?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi, Mark!

If you would like to display your store in a different currency such as USD, I'd recommend taking a look at the following multi-currency apps:

You can also add this to your store by changing some code, as shown in this guide. 

Let me know how this goes!
-Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes