Shopify Payments won't accept routing number to American Bank

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello, I'm trying to finalize my Shopify Payments information but it won't accept my routing number. The number is correct and it is Wells Fargo, which I'm assuming is considered an American bank?

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 151

Hey, Delci!

Katy here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. I'd love to help you out here! ?

When setting up Shopify Payments in the US you will need to ensure that your routing number does not have any hyphens or extra characters added. Instead it should just be the numbers. Could you double check to see if this is the format you have been using?

Also you will need to ensure that you have the following when using Shopify Payments in the US:

• Physical address in the United States
  • The currency is set to USD
  • No dashes or area code in front of your phone number (in settings > general)

Do let me know how this goes, if you are still experiencing errors, we can pass this through to our technical team for further review. 

Cheers!

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

Well, I can't find where to check if it's set for USD but the physical address is US and there is just 9 numbers, no dashes. So I don't know why it won't work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey Delci!

Peter here from Shopify!

I wanted to take the time to add on what Katy mentioned above as I there are other variables that could be in play here. If the account is set in USD (Found in Settings/General/Formatting) and all other provided troubleshooting steps check out then the next step is confirming what bank you're using. When adding a bank account to Shopify Payments it must:

• Come from a physical bank - Meaning that this bank must have physical locations
  • The bank can't be an online bank - Meaning that if your bank solely operates online, then this would be an ineligible account to add. 

If you are using a bank that has physical locations and isn't considered an "online bank" then feel free to follow up here to let me know! I can reach out to you via email so that I can obtain the routing number and run it past our teams to gain further insight into why the system isn't allowing it. 

All the best

Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

I double checked that it was set to USD and it is. 

And it is Wells Fargo. Which does have physical locations and isn't online only.

So, we'll probably have to go to the next step of help to get it to work :)

Delci

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

So. I have three days before my customers are refunded their money. I need to get this figured out quickly. Anyone willing to get this officially sorted? There is no reason it shouldn't just be working. Is there a number I can call or something?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey Delci!

Thank you for following up with that information. Since all that information checks out, I'm going to reach out to you via email to gather the routing number so our teams can look further into why our systems are rejecting it. Given the timeframe, I would also highly suggest giving out 24/7 support a call at 1 (888) 746-7439. If you wanted to keep an eye out for my email and shoot me a reply as soon as you can, we can get the ball rolling on finding a solution. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

CAN YOU HELP ME ACCEPT THE ROUTING NUMBER

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

I DON'T ACCEPT THE ROUTING NUMBER 

HELPPPP MEEE

0 Likes