1 0 0

why is shopify payment account on hold 

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
906 87 198

Hey, @Hezekiah!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Without looking at your account directly, it is quite hard for me to say why it is on hold. However, usually, the reason for such holds is because your store is currently using Shopify Payments. We will often audit stores for a variety of reasons requesting photo ID and/or other supporting documentation from the account owner directly, to verify their identity and confirm their business details for underwriting purposes. (Read more here)- Section B - Article 3, Verification and Underwriting.

We initiate an audit to request photo ID for a number of reasons; it can range from a sudden spike in high-value orders being placed through Shopify Payments, a significant number of unfulfilled orders on the admin, an unusual number of chargebacks being issued, down to simply our banking partner requesting updated photo ID and re-confirming the account owners details for their own underwriting purposes. It's nothing to be concerned about, and often once the documents requested are uploaded, they are reviewed within a few business days and you can usually continue as normal. 

I can take a closer look for you and ensure it is being reviewed by the correct team. I will just need to verify you as the account owner before I do that so I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes