Shopify Shipping - This is supposed to be best?

Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 6

Dear Shopify, your shipping platform is simply terrible.

Lets just start with USPS. I get a few packages a month that have shipped USPS Priority and show as delivered when they have not. This would be a simple fix if you provided an option for a signature requirement but without a signature, USPS (or any carrier) will not honor a claim on these packages.  

I ship about 10k packages a year almost all USPS Priority (dont hate me, my package size is odd and it costs almost 3x as much to go UPS).  Shopify recently added USPS Parcel Select which saves a whopping 10 cents off my typical package and takes delivery from 2-3 days to weeks. Even better, Shopify defaults ALL my labels to Parcel select with no way to set a default shipping method.

This is simply unacceptable. Im ready to jump ship....

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 6

No reply.....thats about right.

0 Likes
Highlighted

To prevent such incidents it is always better to use the signature option with USPS. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app in which we can integrate this option. In addition, you can set automation rules in the app using which you can default orders to be automatically assigned to USPS Priority or any other service. 

Note : To work with this app, you need to have an eVS USPS account.

0 Likes