Shopify Shipping and USPS SCAN form

Solved
Amy37
Tourist
7 0 9

Hello, Our store is looking at getting rid of Shipstation and using Shopify Shipping with Calculated Shipping Rates. I've gotten Calculated Shipping configured and working properly, and with some adjustments, we think it will work. So we've tried testing a couple of orders, and things are looking good.... except:

Our postman wants a SCAN form any day we have more than 2 boxes going out (we usually have 20-30). Shipstation connects to our account at stamps.com, so at the end of the day we log in to stamps and print the form. 

How do I do that with Shopify Shipping?

Thanks for your help,

Amy Detjen @ knitcircus.com

0 Likes
Dana_Hill
Tourist
4 0 11

Hi Amy,

We're in the same boat.  Obviously Shopify didn't respond to you.  Do you mind if I ask how you were able to achieve this using Shopify Shipping?

0 Likes
Korinne_Schei
1 0 1

I still haven’t found an answer to this! My post office is not happy when I show up in the late afternoon with 40 packages and no scan form. Sadly the last I read you can incorporate shippo. The prices for shipping however are a little higher as they don’t give the same discount shopify does. 

Shopify really needs to have one! It’s not hard and many keep asking! 

tailboot
1 0 1
Please, please, please add the manifest. I don't have time to go into details but I recently switched to Shopify and would love to have the ability to do a manifest!!!
kyle-wickersham
Explorer
41 1 75

Not likely to happen anytime soon.  People have been requesting this basic feature for years.  We use Shipstation, but would much rather be using Shopify Shipping.  But they have ignored us.

0 Likes
Anindo
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Does USPS accept a custom manifest? We, from the team of Multi Carrier Shipping label app have made a custom manifest that can allow you to use it for end of day processing. Do anyone of you have experience with custom manifests? Does USPS accept it?

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3505 281 666

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone.

We’re happy to share that you can now generate a SCAN Form for USPS shipping labels purchased with Shopify Shipping using the free Shipping Manifests app. For those who are not aware, when you generate a SCAN Form for a batch of shipments, USPS scans one barcode on the form to accept all of those shipments instead of scanning each package individually. 

Learn more about how to create SCAN Forms on Shopify.

Thanks again all for your feedback

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MCP
1 0 0

We are getting an error message when we try to create a manifest stating " manifest currently unavailable" and idea why and how to fix this? We weren't able to ship order today because we had so many and there was no manifest to scan. Will the error be fixed soon?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3505 281 666

Hi @MCP

There are some limitations for this feature and things it can't do. I'm wondering if you are encountering one of them:

• The app must be installed by the account owner or a full access staff member when they are using it for the first time.
  • Only USPS labels purchased through Shopify Shipping can be used to create a manifest. Manifests can only be created for the current date (deadline of 9 pm local time). If a label can't be included in a manifest, the error looks like: 01-37-qpust-trs8k
  • To appear on the same manifest, labels must have:
    • The same shipping date (selected during label purchase).
    • Come from the same fulfillment location.
  • Domestic and international shipping labels will be printed on separate pages.
  • Shopify uses the merchant's ZIP code to reference the nearest post office and calculate the shipping rate. This may cause price adjustments for merchants who are between zones or for merchants who don't use the closest post office.
  • If a single label is voided, it voids the entire manifest.
  • Post offices may have different procedures based on a particular location’s workflows.

Can you let me know if any of those could be effecting you here and we can take it from there?

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes