Shopify + Stripe JS

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to integrate Stripe's checkout in to grab the payment and process the order instead of using Shopify's checkout page.

Is it possible to Stripe JS widget? If possible, I'm assuming we would have to use the API's to process the order once and if the payment is successful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi, Dileep!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thank you for reaching out with your question.

To maintain security for both shop owners and their customers, all orders processed through a Shopify store must be done through our checkout system. While you can enable third-party payment providers, which process the actual payment on an external site, all orders must be facilitated through our checkout system. May I ask why you are wanting to use Stripe to grab the complete order rather than the Shopify checkout?

Thanks!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Anders,

Thank you for the reply.

I have a special request from a customer who wants to use the Stripe JS plugin with alipay integration.

Any idea on how to achieve this?

Cheers

Dileep

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

yes this is really funny i have been researching a siilar request to this, for a wholesailer not a drop shipper there would be a distinct amount of advanatges to be able to send our merchants our products simlar  tech as the bye button but then  ins tead of having it routed to our check out and payement system it goes to  the merchants, in turn   we were hoping something could be set  as the product has unique identifiers in the code so that order was made automatically from the merchant and the payemnt processed over to us.

The reason s are as follows we sell to trade and the public,  within our public sales we offer free samples however for our merchant partners we dont, so by having an open collectio that not accessable due to complex names on our website they can auto be directed to the paying samples. also it would mean as a business we would deal @b2b level for payment enquiries  increasing theunderstanding and professionability, thus in turn also percentage wise deducing the chances of negative unwarranted website reviews, not that we aim to not please but obviously a little self protection is not a bad thing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Thanks for the insights and feedback here, Dileep & Tom!

I will make mention of this to our developers, but as it currently stands, any order made through a Shopify store must be facilitated through the Shopify checkout for security purposes. However, external payment can still be processed on other services. One possible option would be to build your own private payment gateways using our hosted payment SDK. An application is required in order to use our hosted payment, but you can find further details in our guide here.

Dileep - If the need is to integrate with AliPay, this actually is a supported provider in certain countries. You can search if your client's country of operation supports AliPay by either looking through our Payment Gateways page or by typing in the country in a URL address. For example:

Tom - Thanks for sharing those details. A possible option to build out your store to be more of a B2B model would be to use one of our third-party apps. Specifically, I suggest checking out the offerings here to see if any of these options would be a good fit for your business.

I appreciate having you two bring this up! Knowing how shop owners wish to run their businesses is very important to our developers and I'll be sure to pass this along. If there are any other questions, feel free to follow back up.

Cheers!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes